A healthy diet and a healthy living are the best scientifically known ways to prevent risk of degenerative disease like cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes and Alzheimer.
1. Practice home cooking and eat whole, organic and raw foods as often as you can. This is your base. Avoid refined, processed or chemical junk foods. Eat as close to nature as possible.
2. Avoid refined sugar (brown, white, yellow), artificial sweeteners and avoid concentrated fructose like; corn syrup, agave, fructose in powder etc.
3. Drink between 6-10 glasses of clean water per day. Your individualized optimum water intake will vary depending on how many other liquids like fresh vegetable juices, smoothies or raw foods you are eating or drinking.
4. ADD IN FUNCTIONAL FOODS like fermented cabbage, kefir, kombucha and kimchi to support a good immune system and gut flora.
5. ADD IN MORE GREENS. Eat 5 servings per day of dark green leaves and vegetables such as cabbage, broccoli, water cress, spinach, peas, chard, wild edibles, green beans.
6. ADD IN MORE SWEET VEGETABLES. To help with sugar cravings try to increase your intake on vegetables like sweet potatoes, carrots, beet root and parsnip.
7. ADD IN GOOD FATS like 1 tbsp of mixed grounded seeds or seed oil per day, 15 drops of Marine Phytoplankton, 1000 mg of fish or krill oil per day. Other fats to add into your diet are avocados, coconut oil, grass fed butter (unless you have any reaction to dairy product), fresh fatty fish, free range eggs.
8. ADD IN SUPERFOODS AND SUPERHERBS like Chlorella, Spirulina, Hempseeds, and Maca to increase your nutritional intake and Medicinal mushrooms, Tulsi, Schizandra, Maca, Ashwaganda and Fo-ti for increased energy, resistance and protection to stress.
9. Eat 2-3 pieces of fruits every day. Supplement with a whole food based multi vitamin and extra vitamin C and D if your levels are low.
10. Eat less or no gluten. Choose gluten free whole grains like rice, millet, oats, quinoa, amaranth and organic corn.
11. Eat less or no highly processed dairy. Choose artisan and raw goats cheese and fermented dairy like sheep yogurt, milk and cheese.
12. Eat 2 servings per day of high quality vegetable protein like beans, lentils, quinoa, fresh tofu, tempeh, sprouts, hemp- rice- or pea protein. Avoid excess of animal protein. If you choose to eat animal protein choose high quality organic or wild. Experiment with what protein that works best for you.