Time is moving fast and there are many things we want to accomplish in one day. Sometimes we have so many things to attend to that eating comes on second place.
When I have a lot to do, I forget to eat properly. Instead of sitting down to a meal, I quickly grab an apple, nibble on a rice cracker and eat a few spoons of a cold left overs for lunch.
When I am excited about what I am doing this is not a problem for me, but when the evening comes, it results in cravings, a feeling of lack and emotional exhaustion.
So what kind of guidelines can we have to help us eat well?
On my morning walk today I was thinking about this, and came up with this list of foods that I recommend for you to focus on. When you add in this much nutrition, other less healthy foods will naturally be crowded out.
1. Drink 1 Green Smoothie per day. Quick and easy to make.
2. Eat 1 salad per day, with a drizzle of olive oil and lemon. Simple and fast and you can find it in most places if you are out and about.
3. Eat one vegetable soup per day. Soothing and easy to find as well.
4. Eat one portion of steamed, cooked or baked greens per day. Green is Gold!
5. Eat protein at 2 meals per day. Lentils, Beans, Nuts and Seeds, Vegetable Protein Powder, Free range Eggs, Fatty fish.
Maybe this seems like a lot for you, but you will see that if you eat this much veggies and greens your cravings will be less, you will feel more balanced and you will have more energy!
Want more recipes like this? Sign up for a weekly recipe with Health Coaching tips and news here!